Thursday, May 27, 2010

To be or not to be...is that really a question?

Being...isn't that such a powerful word. If we are "being" then that means we are alive. The word gives hope and purpose.

One of my favorite quotes is, "To be or not to be, that is the question." Imagine reading it (fill in the blank) "To be _____or not to be _______, that is the question." You can fill it in with several words such as "healthy", "a consistent exerciser", "loving", "kind", "generous", "gracious", or even "hateful", "spiteful", or "rude".

90% of who we are comes from what we decide we are. There are medical conditions we cannot control and other things as well, but I am not talking about those. Today we can chose most anything from something as simple our what socks to put on in the morning to something drastic as getting or modifying religious beliefs.

Some times when I am tempted to do something against my new lifestyle change I ask myself that question, "To be healthy, or not to be healthy...that is the question." It makes the choices I make more on purpose and meaningful.

So today for those few who follow my blog and those fewer people who stumble here, how would you fill in the question today?

1 comment:

HeartsMakeFamilies said...

Hi there. I'm following you now. I'm way behind on Friday Follow. Just stopping by to say hi.

Hope you had a great weekend!

Tami
www.heartsmakefamilies.com

Jason's Progress

Bethany's Progress