Thursday, May 6, 2010

Sucess...and Distress

Yesterday I hit a huge milestone for me. I ran 18 laps around the EA Active track. I thought that was great...and it WAS great. However, we cannot live on yesterday's milestones. We have to make new one's. Maybe not every day, but we need to be consistently challenging ourselves and then exceeding what we thought we could. On Biggest Loser this past week there was a mini cut scene that really impacted me. Ashley said, "What if I can't do it?" Sheryl just turned her head, looked her way, paused then said, "What if you can?" What if I can!!!

So I challenged myself to do more today than yesterday. Before I even turned on the Wii my calves hurt from yesterday, but I said I would do as much as I could. I started running and got the first 6 laps done in just under five minutes. Then I rested for a minute. Then did another 6 laps in just over four minutes with a 1 minute break in there. Then I did another 6 laps with 2 1 minutes breaks in there. Then I did 4 more with two 1 minute breaks. So yesterday I did 18 laps...today I got it up to 22 laps!!! That's the success.

So what is the distress? I had to stop more and take more breaks. My legs did not hurt. Physically I felt like I could have ran about 22 laps, but I just could not breath. I purposefully breathed and it was not the amount of breaths or the quantity of air I took in? I know that I am just out of shape, but is it better to push myself and not take mini breaks or is it better to catch my breath and then hit it again until I lose it again? I am open to suggestions.

No comments:

Jason's Progress

Bethany's Progress